Website Mens & IT
Ervaren DevOps Engineer voor een internationale beleggingsbank gevestigd in Amsterdam.
Your work as a DevOps Engineer
The Data Platform DevOps Engineer will join a high performing team who are distributed across our development centres, one of which is in Amsterdam. Supported by our Enterprise Engineering colleagues and commercial partners, we aim to deliver a foundational self-service capability to teams across the organisation. Data-in-Motion is a full stack product team responsible for envisioning, building and operating the Bank’s secure self-service Kafka implementation. With a successful pilot implementation behind us, we are now embarking on a multi-year journey to deliver growth in the cloud with our next generation data platform.
You, the DevOps Engineer we are looking for, are a ‘generalising specialist’, with skills in the automation space such as Ansible and Terraform. You are driven, passionate about technology and display a level of customer service that is second to none. The work environment within our team will be fast-paced with numerous opportunities for growth. You will be responsible for:
- Delivering a best-in-class self-service data platform
- Technical ownership for features prioritized by the Service Owner
- Removing barriers to adoption through continual refinement of the product offering
- Improving processes and applying best practices
- Management and operation of our infrastructure to ensure it is easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant
- Contribute in all scrum ceremonies; assuming the role of ‘scum master’ on a rotational basis
- BA/BS/BE degree or equivalent experience; Comp Sci/Math/Physics background preferred
- Strong oral, written communications and presentation skills
- Highly motivated & driven team player; comfortable working independently as required
- Clear and effective communication skills to articulate technical recommendations to architects and development partners
- Comfortable driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts where required
- Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfer
As an experienced DevOps engineer you bring the following mandatory (1-2) and general skills to the table:
- Experience of automation tools, such as Ansible (preferably) and Azure DevOps, AWS (or similar)
- Exposure to Terraform and/or Packer would be advantageous
- Configuration management of code, infrastructure, dashboards and documentation using Git
- Basic proficiency in at least one of Java, Python or C#
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Familiarity with monitoring, diagnostic and logging tools such as Elastic, Telgraf, Prometheus, InfluxDB and Grafana
- Experience delivering solutions in hybrid cloud environments; Azure exposure is a distinct advantage
- An ability to troubleshoot complex production incidents
- Experience with performance testing and load testing
As a bonus these are the desirable skills you posess:
- Knowledge of Kafka internals or other distributed systems, such as Cassandra, Zookeeper etc
- Experience of Kubernetes and Confluent Operator would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of physical data modelling and serialization formats such as Protocol Buffers would be of particular interest
Our client is a bank that disrupt the world of finance as a specialist in online trading and investment is built on our employees’ talent, passion, and drive to innovate. They believe that their employees’ development goes hand in hand with the growth of their business. That’s why they strive to allow their people the opportunity to work at their best. And that’s why a career is more than just a job. As a technology-driven investment bank serving clients around the globe, this bank is at the cutting edge of an ever-changing industry where high finance meets high tech.
This could be you!
If this position fits you, we welcome your application with cv and motivation. For more information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar email@example.com