Website Mens & IT
Ervaren Data Engineer voor een internationale beleggingsbank gevestigd in Amsterdam.
Your work as a Data Engineer
High tech enabled by around 100 technologists in Enterprise Platform Engineering (EPE) who provide domain teams with the platforms to deliver a world class customer experience. Part of EPE, Data Platforms is concerned with not only supporting a significant uplift in transactional volumes but delivering the architectural foundation to a data-driven organisation. Data-in-Motion is a full stack product team responsible for envisioning, building and operating the Bank’s secure self-service Kafka product. The Data Engineer will join a high performing team who are distributed across our international development centers. The individual must be driven, passionate about technology and display a level of customer service that is second to none. The work environment will be fast paced with numerous opportunities for growth.
You, the Data Engineer we are looking for, are a team player, positive in nature and passionate about data and automation. You have an open mind and like to learn and grow yourself as well as helping others do the same. You will be responsible for:
- Delivering a best-in-class self-service data platform
- Removing barriers to adoption through continual refinement of the product offering
- From a data engineering background, you are keen to work in the CI/CD DevOps space
- 24x7x365 on-call support (we always seek to ensure our platform is self-healing, but it happens)
- BA/BS/BE degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated & driven team player; comfortable working independently as required
- Able to articulate technical recommendations to architects and development partners
- Comfortable driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts where required
- Desire to mentor and support team members and provide ongoing knowledge transfer
As an experienced IT engineer you bring the following mandatory (1-5) and general skills to the table:
- Configuration management of everything as code using Git
- From Java background ideally with C#/dotnet.
- Experience of working with data serialisation formats especially Protobuf and/or Avro and the Kafka Schema Registry.
- Good working knowledge of Kafka Streams and the Confluent/Kafka platform.
- Good knowledge of sql (including user defined functions)
- Experience delivering solutions in hybrid cloud environments; Azure exposure is a distinct advantage
- Desire to develop product features through feedback and collaboration with customers
- An ability to troubleshoot complex production incidents
- Experience with performance testing and load testing
As a bonus these are the desirable skills you posess:
- Helm and Kubernetes
- Other streaming tech, such as Apache Flink, Spark etc
- Change tracking in sqlserver
Our client is a bank that disrupt the world of finance as a specialist in online trading and investment is built on our employees’ talent, passion, and drive to innovate. They believe that their employees’ development goes hand in hand with the growth of their business. That’s why they strive to allow their people the opportunity to work at their best. And that’s why a career is more than just a job. As a technology-driven investment bank serving clients around the globe, this bank is at the cutting edge of an ever-changing industry where high finance meets high tech.
This could be you!
If this position fits you, we welcome your application with cv and motivation. For more information please contact us via email@example.com.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org